How to Test Your Popup
The popup will always appear when you test it in the Popup Creator (using the Test & Install tab), but it behaves differently on your website:
- When someone visits your website for the first time, the popup will appear.
- If they click the close button to dismiss the popup, then the popup will not appear again for 7 days. You can configure the number of days in the Popup Creator's Popup Behavior tab.
- If they click the submit button, then the popup will not appear again on that device. If it did, then you would get angry emails from your visitors about your persistent popup.
To test the popup on your website, you have to make the website think you're a new visitor. Modern web browsers have a feature called "private browsing" that makes this easy.
- Open a new private browsing window.
Chrome: Menu > New incognito window
Safari: Safari > Private Browsing
Firefox: Menu > New Private Window
- Navigate to your web site.
- When you've made changes and are ready to test again, repeat step #1.
If you need help: